Corporate & Community Group
Interested in volunteering with your work colleagues, social organization, or school group? NHA partners with one-time or recurring groups of up to ten adults for shelter tasks, days of service, and special projects. We could not to what we do without group volunteers to tackle the big projects and day-to-day work. Volunteers help us care for the nearly 4,000 animals that come through our shelter each year and we sincerely appreciate your interest in serving and look forward to working with you!
Corporate Group Volunteer Policies:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- For volunteers ages 16 and 17 there must be a 1:4 adult to youth ratio. Adults are expected to serve as team leaders and keep the group on task.
- Shelter volunteer projects are limited to a maximum of 12 participants. (Five to ten volunteers is the optimal due to heavy shelter adoption traffic.)
- Each group must designate:
- One (1) team leader per ten (10) volunteers, whom must be present for all group activities.
- Any groups of eleven (11) or more must designate two (2) team leaders.
- Each group will receive an orientation and tour upon arrival on scheduled date.
- Group and individual volunteers are asked to pay an application fee of $25 per volunteer to help offset administrative costs of our volunteer program. This fee covers printed materials, name-tags, and aprons and is a tax-deductible donation.
- NHA only offers group volunteering opportunities on Mondays-Fridays between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., except for occasional special events.
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe, athletic shoes, long pants, and weather- appropriate clothing. All participants must adhere to the dress code.
- All valuables such as purses and wallets must be left locked securely in your vehicle. NHA does not have secure storage for personal belongings.
- Tasks performed by volunteers require lifting, bending, and other physical exertions. Activities may include cleaning kennels, walking dogs on a steep hill, or lifting heavy items.
- For groups serving 4 hours + and/or multiple dates, tasks may include more involved projects such as: garage/storage organization, supply assembly, yardwork, dog bathing, mobile unit cleaning, etc.
- NHA reserves the right to reject a volunteer for any reason in which NHA determines might affect the best interest of the organization.
- Every Volunteer must sign a waiver prior to service.
Questions regarding Group Volunteer application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the below form at least 6 – 8 weeks prior to service to allow ample time for Team Leader training and placement on the calendar.
All requests are booked in conjunction with volunteer trainings, educational presentations, event schedules and shelter meeting needs.
**Please Note: Submission of a group volunteer application does not guarantee placement.
Nashville Humane Association Group Volunteer Days are currently booked through December. Please check back in January for opportunities to schedule Group Events in Spring 2018.
Thank you for your support of Nashville Humane Association.